Serving in missions is a large part of the Wesley experience. Each year we take several week to month long trips to places domestic and abroad that give our students the opportunity to serve others through work projects, evangelism, and acts of love. Through these experiences students get a taste of God’s call for us to be actively loving in this world.
Leaders are praying about where God is calling them to go. If you have suggestions or questions, email Rusty Teeter. If you have interest in joining us on a trip, please fill in the “I’m Interested” form a the bottom of this page.
Hurricane Relief Trip
- This is a trip to LaGrange, TX to help with long-term relief efforts for those affected by Hurricane Harvey. This includes construction/repair work, as well as clean-up efforts. The dates are set for January 2nd-11th. Email Austin if you’re interested.
- This is a weekend retreat for high school and middle school students in the surrounding area. We will be leading topic based discussions, helping with activities and just hanging out with youth! The dates are set for February 23-25th. The cost will be no more than $50. Email Austin if you’re interested.
- Project Homefront is a college mission trip to Corpus Christi, TX, to serve the community there by doing construction and repair work, this year the dates are set for May 20-26th. Email Austin for more details.
- Spring Break – During Spring Break a big group from Wesley and an even bigger group of combined campus ministries travel to South Padre for Spring Break. They minister to Spring Breakers by providing free van rides from anywhere people needed to go and then feed them pancakes. There is also lots of praying and fellowship time. For more information please go to beachreach.org or talk to Rusty.
- Ever thought about going to do mission work in Mexico? Join Wesley students in going to Cofradia, MX during Spring Break to help with literacy initiatives. In particular, this means helping organize, deliver, and install mini-libraries in under-service schools, as well as helping children one-on-one with literacy. No Spanish required. Email Austin if you’re interested.
- From May 23rd through June 4th, the Wesley will be sending a group to El Salvador to help local service organization Shalom House with their projects. Most likely, this will look like construction activities during the day and playing with kids in the evening. Email Sarah if you’re interested.